TED talks are enjoyed by millions world wide. They really capture our spirit of human interest and the invention new ideas.
Here are a few of my favourite TED talks on the business of business. I’ve picked these videos to cover a fairly wide range of topics and discussion points; from marketing, motivation, being creative in business, to productivity and leadership. As I believe as a business person, you should have a grasp on all these concepts – even if it’s not strictly your department.
Why read yet another long blog post, when you can watch a short video with a truly motivational speaker and feel really inspired and alter your perspective. So while you have a few moments spare, watch a few of these carefully curated and thought provoking business TED talks – and let me know which ones stimulate you!
1. Seth Godin: How to get your ideas to spread
2. Margaret Gould Stewart: How giant websites design for you (and a billion others, too)
3. Ricardo Semler: How to run a company with (almost) no rules
4. Roselinde Torres: What it takes to be a great leader
5. Josh Luber: The secret sneaker market — and why it matters
6. Dan Pink: The puzzle of motivation
7. Bill Gross: The single biggest reason why startups succeed
8. Sheryl Sandberg: Why we have too few women leaders
9. Seth Godin: The tribes we lead
10. Yves Morieux: As work gets more complex, 6 rules to simplify
Although it can be said that they simplify concepts too much for entertaining bite-size viewing, sometimes you just need that little boost and a break to help refresh and make you think little differently.
Let me know your favourite Business TED Talks! I’d love to watch.